Below is a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Huntington Beach City School District. Please make sure you have all the necessary documents at the time of online enrollment.
Verification of Identity
- Driver's License (any photo driver's license or CA ID card permitted)
- Note: The address on the identification must match the "Proof of Residency" documents submitted (i.e. property tax receipt, utility bill, etc...) IF your ID does not match your address complete the following steps:
- Watch this DMV video for instructions on how to change your address.
- Visit the DMV website to change your address:
- Provide a copy of the completed paper or online form to the school of residence.
- Provide a copy of the confirmation from the DMV that your address has been changed to the school of residence.
- A government-issued photo ID.
- If you are an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate identification is required.
Proof of Residency
Submit two of the following that reflects your name and current address provided during online enrollment.
Note: Service and mailing addresses on all submitted documents must be the same residential address within HBCSD boundaries; P.O. Box addresses and utility service disconnection notices will not be accepted.
- Property tax payment receipt
- Rental property agreement, lease, or payment receipt
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
- Current Gas and Electric are the only utility service contracts accepted.
In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
Completed Residency Verification Form
A residency verification form must be completed by all families and is designed to verify residency within the district's student boundary and a specific school's attendance area. In cases in which residency is in question, the school district may conduct a residency investigation. Residency verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information provided on this document will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment. Please click on the "HBCSD Residency Verification Form and Affidavit" link below to access the document.
NOTE: For families currently living in a co-residency home, the "HBCSD Co-Residency Form" listed below must also be completed and attached to the "HCBSD Residency Verification and Affidavit Form".
Student Services Questionnaire
All new students to HBCSD will complete the Student Services Questionnaire below to indicate if a student is involved in any Special Programs or if there are any custody orders for the student.
Student Immunization Records
Click on the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records for Preschool and Grades TK/K - 8th.
Health Immunization Form (TK - 1st Grade)
All Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st-grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, and/or 1st grade. Click on the link below to access the form.
Other important documents to upload during online enrollment:
- Student's birth certificate or valid passport.
- Academic transcript or report card from the previous school. Prior school records to be requested by the school site.
- Student IEP/504 documents, if applicable.
- GATE letter from the previous district, if applicable.
- ELPAC language test documentation, if applicable.